WWE is the worlds most popular pro-wrestling promotion. To be at the top WWE pay a large amount of money as salary to its employees and superstars. Now, the salaries of top WWE superstars have been revealed and the list contains some of the usual suspects. Among the top of the list is the leading Main Event stars.
All WWE stars are given a basic salary according to their contract. Along with salary he or she also earns bouns. The Main Event caliber superstars also earn money from merchandise sales and pay-per-view appearance.
Table of Contents
Breaking down WWE Contract
It should be noted that a wrestler works under contract. Check out the break down of how WWE contracts work. Basically, a WWE contract contains 13 key elements and they are:
- Booking – the wrestler grants WWE the rights to book him/her for events.
- Works – the right to film/photograph any event involving wrestlers.
- Intellectual Property – the rights to a wrestler’s ring name, personality, likeness, character, costumes,caricatures, and gestures.
- Merchandising – the rights to use wrestlers’ IP in the creation and sale of merchandise.
- Exclusivity – This clarifies WWE owns rights granted to it exclusively.
- Term and Territory – naming the contract length. The territory is mostly “Worldwide”
- Payments and Royalties – wrestlers usually get a base salary plus a share in other revenue streams.
- Promoters Obligations – the things that WWE is responsible for.
- Wrestlers Obligations – the things that wrestlers are responsible for.
- Warranty – guarantees the wrestler is of sound body and mind, not under a competing contract, free from disability and in agreement with drug policy of the company.
- Early Termination
How much WWE Superstars earn per match?
Unlike some other sports, WWE superstars are don’t get paid per match. Instead, each wrestler signs a separate contract with WWE which will contain above-mentioned clause as well as clause specific to that particular wrestler. How good your contract depends on how popular you are.
Top guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, and Roman Reigns can push the WWE to get a better contract but if are new wrestler most of the time you have to stuck with what WWE offers. It should be noted that some part-timers do get paid to compete in a certain amount of match and sometimes even get a salary for just appearing in Raw or SmackDown.
Who are all the highest paid WWE Superstars?
Anyone can correctly guess the answer to this question. At the top of the list is the Beast Brock Lesnar. The former MMA (mixed martial artist) fighter earn around $12 million (after bonus) per year. John Cena sits at the number 2 on the list with a base salary of $8.5 million per year.
Also, check out WWE Referees salaries.
The Big Dog Roman Reigns, who main-evented last four Wrestlemania, is right behind Cena with $5 million. Right behind him were Randy Orton and AJ Styles with $4.5 million and $3.5 million respectively. Former Shield member and Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins pocket $3 million. The Miz, Triple H, and The Undertaker all earn $2.5 million each. Dean Ambrose completes top 10 with $2 million. The following list is the latest update on superstars salary (via mirror.co.uk).
2018 WWE Superstars Salaries List
|Brock Lesnar||Raw||$12 million|
|John Cena||Free Agent||$8.5 million|
|Roman Reigns||Raw||$5 million|
|Randy Orton||SmackDown||$4.5 million|
|AJ Styles||SmackDown||$3.5 million|
|Seth Rollins||Raw||$3 million|
|The Miz||SmackDown||$2.5 million|
|Triple H||–||$2.5 million|
|Undertaker||Free Agent||$2.5 million|
|Dean Ambrose||Raw||$2 million|
|Kevin Owens||Raw||$2 million|
|Dolph Ziggler||Raw||$1.5 million|
|Jeff Hardy||SmackDown||$1 million|
|Bray Wyatt||Raw||$1 million|
|Finn Balor||Raw||$1 million|
How much WWE Women Superstars earn?
Among female’s Ronda Rousey is at the top of the list with $1.5 million followed by Charlotte Flair who takes home $550,000 annually. Nikki Bella and Alexa Bliss earn $350,000 each. Mickie James completes the Top 5 with $300,000.
|Ronda Rousey||Raw||$1.5 million|
|Brie Bella||Free Agent||$300,000|
What about WWE Executives?
Apart from Superstars, WWE executives also make a significant level of income. According to the SEC filing, the company’s CEO Vince McMahon is the highest paid with around $3 million per annum. George Barrios (Financial and Strategic Officer) earn $1.9 million and Kevin Dunn (Producer) earn around $2.3 million each.
Do you think all the Superstars deserves the money they earn? Let us know in the comments below.