The countries in Asia are excited and thrilled as the most awaited AFC Asian Cup is in full swing, which is conducted in every four years. According to the AFC association, the winner of the Asian Cup will qualify for the 2021 FIFA Confederations Cup for which the AFC is yet to decide the venue. Followed by the Confederations Cup, the 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be hosted in Qatar.
As a whole, the all-important FIFA tournaments are scheduled to take place in Asia. Coming back to the AFC Asian Cup which commenced on 5 January 2019 will come to an end on 1 February 2019. The best team in Asian Confederation is decided by this tournament and the prize money for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup is estimated to be USD$14,800,000.
Australia is the reigning champion of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup and South Korea was the runner-up of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup. Team Australia will be looking forward to defending their title in the United Arab Emirates this year.
What will be the Prize Money of the Asian Cup Winner?
The total prize money allocated for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup will be distributed among the various standings of the tournament. Among the several standings, the winner of the tournament will be receiving a total of $5 million. The runner-up will be taking an amount of $3 million, whereas the semi-finalist will be getting $1 million each.
How much will the participating players receive? Scroll down to know about it.
AFC Asian Cup 2019 Prize Money (Total)
The United Arab Emirates is featuring the AFC Asian Cup from 5th January 2019 to 1st February 2019. A total of 24 teams from Asia have participated in the tournament. The best team in the Asian Confederation will be honored with the AFC Asian Cup at the end of the tournament.
The prize money for the AFC Asian Cup is very attractive. The prize money for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup is estimated to be USD$14,800,000. The total prize money distribution table is shared below.
|Losing Semi-Finals||$1 million|
Comparison of the 2015-2019 Prize Money
The 2015 AFC Asian Cup received prize money of 10 million USD. The 2019 AFC Asian Cups estimated prize money is 14.8 million USD (i.e) an increment of 4.8 million USD has been made this year.
Facts You Need to Know about the 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- The 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup is conducted by the United Arab Emirates for the second time. The first time AFC Asian Cup to be held in UAE was back in 1996.
- The host of the AFC Asian Cup gets automatically qualified for the tournament, hence UAE will be a part of the 2019 AFC Asian Cup.
- The 24 out of 24 teams selected for the AFC Asian Cup 2019 includes teams like India, Vietnam and so on. It is a comeback for some of the teams this season that has been absent for a very long time from the AFC Asian Cup.
- With the increase in the number of teams from 16 to 24, the duration of the competition has also increased.
- The format of groups has also changed for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup.