Kimi Raikkonen is a Finnish professional race car driver currently driving for Scuderia Ferrari in Formula One. Raikkonen is one of the most popular Formula 1 driver of all time. He won 2007 Formula 1 World Championship. Apart from winning championships, he has also won 20 Grand Prix and 100 career podiums. He is nicknamed Iceman due to his ice-cool attitude both on and off track.
Kimi Raikkonen Net worth
As of 2018, Kimi Raikkonen’s Net worth is estimated to be $180 million. His annual salary and endorsement earnings are calculated to be $40 million in 2018. When Raikkonen joined the Formula One racing in 2001, his annual salary was $500,000 per year. By 2007, he became the highest paid Formula One driver with an annual salary of $51 million. He earned $2.94 million per race during the period of 2007-2009 and was named as the second highest-paid athlete in the world ranking behind Tiger Woods.
Kimi Raikkonen made his F1 debut in 2001
Kimi Raikkonen Career Earnings and Contracts
- Kimi Raikkonen signed a professional contract with Ferrari F1 in 2007, which was worth $153 million and in that period earned an annual base salary of $51 million.
- Later Kimi decided to join World Rally Championship and in 2010 he earned $30 million which makes him the highest-paid driver the World Rally Championship has ever seen.
- He made a two-year deal in 2012 with Lotus for Formula One racing. Under several disputes and intense negotiations between the Raikkonen’s agent and the Lotus owner, an approximate annual base salary of €15 million was offered to Raikkonen.
Kimi Raikkonen’s Career
Debuting his first Formula One racing as a regular driver in 2001 with Saubat-Petronas, he moved to McLaren Mercedes in 2002. In the 2003 and 2005 championships, he became a title contender by finishing runner-up to Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso.
On 4th December 2009, it was officially announced that Kimi Raikkonen will be shifting from Formula One to World Rally Championship. Having joined the Citroen Junior team in 2009, he competed for the World Rally Championship. Later his center of focus was the NASCAR and he began driving for Kyle Busch Motorsports. The Camping World Truck Series was his first race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, after joining NASCAR in North Carolina.
On 11 September 2013, it was confirmed that Raikkonen had signed a 2 year deal with Ferrari leaving the Lotus for some monetary reasons and that would commence from 2014. He extended his contract with Ferrari for the 2016 season, qualifying on the front row for Ferrari’s home race at Monza. On 22 August 2017, Raikkonen renewed his contract with Ferrari for the 2018 season.
Titles and Achievements
- Kimi Raikkonen is one of the two Formula One drivers to make it to the Celebrity 100 of Forbes Magazine
- He was ranked 41 in 2007 and a year later ascended to 37th
- He holds the record for the fastest laps (6) at Melbourne Grand Prix circuit (2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2013 and 2017).
- At the 2008 French Grand Prix, Raikkonen helped Ferrari to grab the 200th pole position.
- Ferrari received its 700th podium with the help of Raikkonen at the 2016 Russian Grand Prix.
- He was the 5th highest paid sports personality and was 26th highest paid celebrity in 2008.
- He holds the record of the second-highest fastest laps at 46.
- So far in his career, Kimi Raikkonen has won 20 Grand Prix and 100 career podiums.