The WWE Raw is also called as the Monday Night Raw which is a professional wrestling television program. As the name signifies, the Monday evening events at 8 pm EST are aired live on the USA network in the United States. The first WWE Raw program was aired live on January 11, 1993. The episodes of WWE Raw has been telecasted for 2 hours since the rivalry with the Nitro in 1997. Following the 1000th episode on July 23, 2012, the format of broadcasting the episodes changed from 2 hours to 3 hours which was initially reserved for special episodes.
History of Raw
For eight years since 1993, the WWF’s Monday Night Raw was telecasted by the Prime Time Wrestling. The former time interval of the WWF was 60 minutes which were taped on sound stages. The introduction of Raw involved live audiences, with angles playing out as they happened. The Raw formula avoided the taped weekend shows telecasted during the professional wrestling television program Wrestling Challenge and Superstars.
By 1995 a new wrestling show called Monday Nitro was presented by the World Championship Wrestling which airs live each week on TNT. This show gave rise to the Monday Night Wars. With the rivalry going on between the Raw and the Nitro in the mid-1996, the Nitro started off with a winning streak which later got defeated by the Raw renamed as Raw is War. Then the telecasting network of Raw is War changed from USA Network to TNN.
In 2002, after the end of Monday Night Wars WWE divided the roster into two to create a brand new TV show called WWE SmackDown. Subsequently, the company was legally required to change the company’s name to World Wrestling Entertainment to avoid confusion with World Wide Fund.
Among the hierarchy of the WWE championships, the WWE Universal Championship is the topmost competition. The American professional wrestling promotion is the creator and promoter of this world heavyweight championship. The title belt has a red strap which exclusively symbolizes the Raw brand with the WWE logo patterned in the center plate in black.
The term ‘intercontinental’ formerly referred to the North and South America with the WWF North American Championship as the inaugural championship title. The WWE International Championship is more like a stepping stone to a WWE World Championship. This Championship was established by the World Wrestling Entertainment in 1979.
Another important contest is the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. The cruiserweights compete in the cruiserweight division which was formerly known as ‘light heavyweight’ and ‘junior heavyweight’.
The WWE Raw Tag Team Championship is the overall sixth male tag team championship in the existence of WWE. It was introduced in 2002. This title is one of the major tag team championships for the WWE’s main roster.
The WWE Raw Women’s Championship was established in 2016 at the WrestleMania 32, which replaced the Divas Championship. The Raw Women’s Championship is different from the WWE’s Original Women’s Championship in terms of rules.
WWE Raw Live stream
The Raw and SmackDown episodes got started to air live on YouTube after the WrestleMania32 in 2016. The live streaming is done for free within 24 hours of the original telecasting of the WWE Raw episodes. The links of the live streaming are active only in countries where the traditional TV shows not available.
The international spectators of WWE Raw can watch the 90-minutes Hulu Plus version of the events on YouTube. The WWE Network streams all the episodes of WWE Raw on demand. The recent episodes can also be viewed on-demand in 30 days after the original air date.
WWE Raw TV Guide
A multi-year deal was signed by the Hulu Plus with the WWE Raw to stream all of the company’s events including the web series of WWE Raw. The broadcasting channel or network varies according to the countries in which the event is telecasted. The live streaming of the episodes can be watched at home with ease. The following table gives a detailed list of the networks of different countries in which the WWE Raw episodes are aired:
- The Canadian viewers can watch the live streaming on Sportsnet 360.
- In Arab, the OSN Sports and the MBC Action are the two channels that air the live streaming of WWE Raw
- The live shows are aired on Sky Sports 2 and on Sky Sports 2 HD while the international shows are telecasted on Cielo TV in Italian in Italy.
- The Sports.ro airs the live Raw stream in Romania
- In Belgium, the Raw airs live on the AB3 network which can be translated into Dutch, French, and German.
- On Wednesday at 3 pm, the Raw airs on ProSieben MAXX and ProSieben Fun in Switzerland, Austria, Germany, and Luxembourg
- In India and in Nepal, the Raw airs live on Sony Ten 1 HD and Sony Ten 1 exclusive in Sri Lanka and Pakistan
- Various local networks air the live streaming of the Raw in China
- The Vidoeland Television Network in Taiwan airs the live streaming of Raw in both Thai and English.
- The live Raw show is aired on J sports 4 in Japan
- The SuperSports 2 HD in Singapore streams the live events of Raw.
- In Mexico, the Fox Sports and the Imagen Television airs the live streaming of Raw
- The show airs live on Canal 11 in Costa Rica
- The La Red airs the live Raw stream in Chile
South African countries
In South Africa, the SuperSport network airs the live stream of the Raw events.